Cabbage Rolls are a very hearty and filling dish. It’s cooked cabbage leaves with a meat and rice filling. Served with a dollop of sour cream and some fresh dill.
Ingredients for cabbage roll:
- 1 medium cabbage head
- 1 lb ground chicken (I grind chicken thighs myself)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Ingredients for sauce:
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Take of first 2 cabbage leaves and remove core as shown in video
- Boil cabbage rotating it and taking off leaves as they soften and can be easily removed.
- Remove all fat from chicken and grind on meat grinder.
- You can grind your onion and carrot which means less dishes!
- Mix the meat, carrot, onion, uncooked rice, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the bigger leaves in half and remove the hard middle stem. For small leaves I cut off the raised part on the back of the leaf on the stem.
- Place 2 tbsp of your meat mixture in the cabbage leaf and roll. Then stuff both of the sides inside with your finger.
- Place the stuffed cabbage rolls in your instant pot.
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and pour over your cabbage rolls.
- Pressure cook for 15 mins.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle dill over.