We loved this recipe especially the marinade, so I must share. I did create a video recipe as well if you need it more visual. It’s so simple, with ingredients I already had at home and the taste was phenomenal. It was soft and juicy, even the breast was really tasty.
**Use a 9×13 glass casserole dish to bake in because the juices will boil and rise, possibly boil over if the ridge is too small.
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 4 Cornish hens 1lb each
- 1 cup oil I used Avocado Oil
- 1.5 tsp salt (taste the marinade, and salt to taste, it should be pretty salty but not over salted)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Montreal chicken seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- Wash the hens and pat dry with paper towel.
- Mix the marinade ingredients. Oil, salt, pepper, Montreal chicken seasoning, onion powder, paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic, lemon juice, parsley, and dill.
- Taste the marinade for flavor and salt. It should be pretty salty.
- Apply the marinade on the hens and let them sit for 4 hours to overnight.
- Bake at 385 for 1.5 hours or until golden.
Ingredients for fresh salad:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cut everything into small pieces, add salt, pepper, and oil.
Ingredients for mashed potatoes:
- Heavy cream
- Boil potatoes until soft with fork test.
- Drain water and add heavy cream, butter, and salt.
- Mix with a hand mixer or kitchen aid stand mixer until fluffy and smooth.
Serve Cornish hen with mashed potatoes, and a simple beautiful fresh salad.